27 August 2020

WW3 - 27th (Neil's Own) Lancers - Reconnaissance

Hi all it's Neil here back for some more of my 27th (Neil's Own) Lancers for WW3 Team Yankee.  This post is showing my latest additions to this force, a pair of reconnaissance units.  These are a unit of 4 Scorpions and a unit of 4 Scimitars, to work towards my planned list from the previous post.


For colour I used the same set as with my other vehicles which I detailed in a previous post.
These two units will allow me to either get aggressive from deployment or to screen out areas where I don't want my enemy doing the same with their scouts.

The Scimitars are good for fighting it out with enemy scout and IFVs with their autocannons as their anti-tank of 10 is able to deal with pretty much any non-MBT as well as some lighter/older tanks from the side.


The Scorpions are also able to deal with lighter vehicles with anti-tank 14 but they do get less shots than the Scimitars.  The Scorpion's gun is more likely to penetrate and make the kill though so the trade off between the rate of fire of the Scimitar and the Firepower of the Scorpion can make it more useful for going after dug in infantry or for targets that you really need to kill rather than bail.


These two units give me half of my planned Medium Recce Squadron for the list, with the remainder being the HQ Spartans and another unit of Scorpions.  Having one of each does also mean that I can do the recce unit from both the tank and mech infantry formations if I wanted to try out lists without the Medium Recce Squadron.

Next up on the painting table for the 27th Lancers will be some artillery support and some anti-aircraft weapons to help in supporting my tanks.  Keep an eye on my Instagram for WIP pictures and come back soon for more WW3 Team Yankee content with both the 27th Lancers hobby project and a newer player's look at the rules and background of WW3 Team Yankee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...