3 September 2020

Xenos on Crusade: Neil the Devourer; Hive Fleet Lindworm Month 3

Hi all it's Neil here back with a new update for my Tyranids in our Xenos on Crusade series.  Hive Fleet Lindworm has been expanding with the addition of a Maleceptor and a Toxicrene.  Lindworm has also been pretty active on the socially distanced battlefield since the lockdown rules have eased enough for outdoor gaming to start up.  The Toxicrene and Maleceptor bring me up to having 50 (well 49) power painted and ready.


These two big bugs took the contrast paint as well as the Tyrannofex and Hive Tyrant so were actually painted quite quickly which is good for my limited hobby time.  The Maleceptor is a pretty capable caster as well as being decent in combat and at the small power levels we've been playing has been doing well.





The Toxicrene is a good brawler able to take down heavy infantry pretty easily in combat and able to always hit first in combat makes him good in prolonged fights.







For my crusade roster I've given Maleceptor an adaptive physiology getting Accelerated Digestion to match his name of "The Benighted Devourer" allowing him to regain wounds by making melee kills to keep him in the fight for longer.


For gaming I've got in a couple of gaming session and played 4 games with the Hive Fleet.  These have generally gone well as at 25-35 power size I've played having toughness 7 monsters makes a lot of weapons not useful against them.  My force has managed to win their 4 games so far with several units becoming blooded and getting crusade upgrades.  My Hive Tyrant and Toxicrene are now frenzied giving them more attacks on the charge and my Maleceptor has gained an extra known spell.  I have also expanded my supply limit by 20 and added some new medium Tyranids in the form of a Tyranid Prime, another unit of Tyranid Warriors, a unit of Hive Guard and a unit of Zoanthropes.  The Hive Guard have already become blooded, gaining the Battle Tested trait giving them Objective Secured and the ability to shoot while doing actions giving them more flexibility.


That's all for month 3 so now onto month 4 of Xenos on Crusade, I will be painting up quite a bit in the Tyranid Prime, 3 Tyranid Warriors, 3 Hive Guard and 3 Zoanthropes that I added as a consequence of the games during the month.  If you want to keep up with my progress head over to my Instagram and I hope to see you again next month for another update on Hive Fleet Lindworm.  Check out my fellow warlords with their Xenos on Crusade posts as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...