24 December 2019

A 2019 Retrospective - Neil's thoughts on 2019 and looking forward to 2020

Merry Christmas!

2019 has been a good year with a glut of new releases for many games that I both play and keep an eye on and its looking like 2020 will be the same.  2019 also saw this blog come into being back in January, which has provided me with somewhere to keep track of what I've been doing and to let anyone who is interested see what I've been working on. 


So this year as a group we have run our Tale of 4 Warlords inspired by the Vigilus releases, where we each picked a force and built it up slowly to give us all a full painted 40 army each over 6 months.  After this we all split into our individual projects for the rest of the year, with mine being a continuation of my Ultramarines and some AT titans (which have not progressed massively quickly).




This year as part of the Tale of 4 Warlords and beyond I managed to paint:
Ultramarines;
Roboute Guilliman
Marneus Calgar
2 Victrix Guard
Chief Librarian Tigurius
1 Primaris Captain
1 Captain in Phobos Armour
1 Primaris Chaplain
1 Primaris Librarian
2 Primaris Lieutenants
1 Lieutenant in Phobos Armour
1 Primaris Ancient
1 Primaris Apothecary
30 Primaris Intercessors
5 Primaris Hellblasters
6 Primaris Inceptors
6 Primaris Eliminators
3 Primaris Aggressors
1 Redemptor Dreadnought
1 Leviathan Dreadnought
1 Predator Battle Tank
1 Repulsor
1 Repulsor Executioner



Adeptus Custodes;
3 Allarus Custodians



Legio Praesagius;
1 Reaver Titan


For me this is a good number of completed models in a year and gave me a full 1750 pt army for the Ultramarines with models to spare to be able to take to events, which I did twice in the year.  Once quite early in the year where I needed to add in a knight to give me some guns and then once in November where I was able to run pure Ultramarines (and come 2nd).



In July as well I started up an Instagram on which I post pictures of what I'm currently painting so I can see how I am progressing with my projects and to start trying to engage with the community on there. 



All in all, 2019 has been a very good hobby year, I "completed" a space marine army (as much as an army is every finished) and started Adeptus Titanicus which is a game that has looked good since it was released but I never got around to picking it up till this year.



I am sure 2020 will have some cool stuff coming out and so far this is what my plans are: In January the Ritual of the Damned is coming out and I have a soft spot for Dark Angels (and Grey Knights and Iron Hands) so I will be starting a green power armoured army probably with hints of black and bone and hopefully reinforcements will appear for the Legio Praesagius as I have two Warhounds and a Warlord waiting for paint along with more Ultramarines to keep iterating my tournament list especially as the points level has increased for the GW GT to 2000 pts but my two large projects for the year will be a Tyranids force and Sylvaneth which will be for our Tale of 4 Warlords (more information about that soon, probably in the new year).  Some Grek Knights, Custodians and Age of Darkness Dark Angels may also be painted new year too depending on how various projects and whims take me.



Hopefully you've all had a good year and enjoyed our blog, if you do have any ideas for either content or ways to improve the blog please let me know in the comments.

See you in 2020!


2 comments:

  1. That’s a great amount you managed! Congratulations and they look great together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm getting close to a full battle company now for my Ultramarines

      Delete

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...