23 March 2019

The cold grasp of Death; An Age of Sigmar Project by Medge

The days are getting longer, the sun is getting warmer, yet a chill wind blows through my hobby room...

Around a year ago the Mortal Realms were gripped by terrible, Malign Portents; a narrative event that foreshadowed the Soul Wars, Second Edition Age of Sigmar and the return of Nagash.

It was around this time that Battletome: Legions of Nagash landed (one of the early second edition Battletomes that, strangely, arrived before second edition launched) and I jumped fully into it! I picked up the Battletome and a Get Started: Skeleton Hordes and threw myself into painting for the Malign Portents painting competition.


I managed to place second in the local store painting competition and the enthusiasm that gave me saw me buy the Blades of the Blood Queen box (sadly discontinued) and rapidly expand my collection.


Then disaster struck! I unfortunately a faulty box of Morghasts and, despite GW fixing the issue immediately, saw my enthusiasm for the project take it hit. Couple that to the release of the Nighthaunt (and the ensuing flock of people playing Death) and other projects kicking off and my Death models fell into the "pile of shame".

12 month later and I'm dusting off the old bones and restarting the Death collection.

I wasn't able to commit the time I wanted to the Necromunda Campaign at our local club (due to life-stuff), but when the Campaign ends in a few weeks our club will be running an AoS league. This seems like the perfect opportunity to resurrect the old Death army and make a hefty dent in my Backlog pledge!


The list I've planned is show below:



After playing Destruction in various guises for most of last year I'm pushing this army into a more competitive direction... mostly because I got sick of losing with Orruks and Ogors! Hopefully the list will do well! And if not we have the freedom to change the list however we want as long as we stick to the same Grand Alliance.

I fully expect the Skeletons to SUUUUCK - for the same points as the Chainrasps they're just so bad...
BUT I have 30 sat unpainted which is more important!

Thanks to Soul Wars I already have 20 Chainrasps and 4 Grimghasts and I've managed to score an extra 6 Grimghast to add to bring the squad up to a full 10. 
I also have an unbuilt Mortarch I can use to make Arkhan, meaning I need to buy 1 box of Grimghasts to complete the list! not bad!

I'll post an update on the list as it gets painted, along with battle summaries as I try different units and different combos. Wish me luck!

I'm going sign off with a link to my new Instagram account. I'm posting updates on what's on my painting desk, so if you're interested then please follow the link!https://www.instagram.com/illimixa/?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...