10 August 2021

To Bring the Dawn: Recruiting the Core

 Hi all its Neil here with the units for my first month of our Age of Sigmar group project, the Lord Regent to lead my force and a unit of 10 Vanari Wardens to form the core of my Lumineth.  Here are these completed units.


I painted them up using the scheme from my painting guide here with the Lord Regent's mount being the only part not covered.  The lightcourser mount looks like a big cat crossed with some thing like a cow so I chose to paint it mostly like a Leopard with the horns in a cow style.  For the Leopard colours I started with a white basecoat and then built up layers with Snakebite Leather using the image below as a guide.  Over this I then did spots of black again using the picture as a guide as well as the pads on the paws in the black as well.  Leopards have rosettes rather than spots on a significant portion of their body which means that they have a space in centre rather than being solid so to replicate this I put a dot of Squig Orange in the centre.






I think the phalanx of the Wardens looks great and I'm pleased with the pastel scheme for these aelves of Hysh.  These colours will be for all the Vanari units I add to my Lumineth with the Scinari and Aelementari units having alternative colours to reflect that their association with Teclis or the elemental spirits rather than Tyrion.




My next additions to the force will be a unit of 5 Vanari Dawnriders with a stretch goal being a Scinari Caligrave if I finish before the end of the month (which I didn't this month so its less likely).  If you want to see how I'm progressing you can check out my Instagram here, I post reasonably regularly with WIP pictures of what I'm currently painting as well as pictures of the finish pieces.  You can check out my other posts for the Lumineth here if you're interested in seeing what else I've done with them.  See you again next month for some more Realmlords!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...