25 May 2021

Guardians of the Great Plan: Form the Battleline

Hi all its Neil here with another Guardians of the Great Plan post about my slowly expanding Seraphon project.  The latest addition to this force is my first battleline unit of Saurus Warriors armed with clubs and shields.  These are the first real unit for my Seraphon force but for their painting use all the colours from my first post in this series.

I've chosen to give these Saurus clubs as they're a shorter range than the spears but with a small unit that doesn't matter very much and I'd rather have the extra rend that the clubs get.  I've given them as well the Alpha, Icon Bearer and Wardrummer as they're all good additions to the unit adding an extra attack on the Alpha, a -1 Bravery aura for enemies with the Icon and the Wardrummer lets them re-roll their charges for more reliability plus being free and having the same weapons its basically a no-brainer!


When painting up the unit there was a single new texture area to paint in the Drum Skins which I used the following steps to do;

  1. Base Zandri Dust
  2. Drybrush Screaming Skull
  3. Drybrush Palid Wych flesh 
This was a nice easy way to give the look of a more natural material being used with the idea kind being snake skin being used for the drum skin though I'd say its a bit more generic now in its exact material origin.  This is helping with trying to make the weapons, armour and other objects look like real things even if wielded by blue space lizards from another world.



Next up for my Seraphon will either be another unit of 10 Saurus Warriors to fill out the battleline I need for smaller game, a Scar Veteran on Carnosaur to lead them or the Realmshaper Engine as its pretty cool as a stepped pyramid with some arcane device atop it.  If you want to get an early look at what I chose you can check out my Instagram where I post up pictures of whats currently on the painting table from my various painting projects.  I hope to see you again soon for some more Seraphon posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...