4 May 2021

For the Lion: Shock and Awe

Hi all Neil here with a new For the Lion post about the Storm Speeder I've painted up this month.  Its quite a short post as I haven't done much beyond paint up the model for this project.  I've gone for making the Hammerstrike variant so I can add some more anti-tank firepower to my Ravenwing.  This new addition brings me closer to my planned 2000 point list for gaming again with 8.5 units out of 14 now fully painted.

For the Storm Speeder I used the same colour palette as I'd previously used on my Nephilim here so it uses drybrushes to give it a lot of the definition on the black which is the main colour so it was actually fairly quick in general to paint.

I've keep it a fairly simple scheme mainly focusing on the black and silver giving it a very classic look for this new model.  I decided to choose the Hammerstrike variant as it brings the option for some heavier guns to a potential all Ravenwing force or even a join Raven-Death-wing list when compared to the other two variants.

Hopefully with the COVID restrictions changing as the situation appears to be improving and the weather improving as its moving properly into Spring, I may get a chance to put the Dark Angels on the table and roll some dice for them.  When I do manage to achieve this I'll probably take pictures for Instagram and a post about how my ideas did on the table.  For my Instagram I do post WIP pictures of whats currently begin worked on as well as pics of the final product too, if you want to check those out.  I'll see you again soon for another For the Lion post about what I decide to actually paint up next for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...