11 March 2020

Tournament Operations: Alpha Game Warhammer 40000 - 2000 points - 15th March 2020

Last year I started off the Tournament Operations post with a trip to Alpha Games near Bury St Edmunds for a 1750 point 40k tournament in June, so this March I am going to return to Alpha Games for a 2000 point 40k tournament.  I will be hoping to do better this year than last as I've had a whole year of gaming plus another event to (hopefully) improve.  I will be taking my Ultramarines along again but this time without a Imperial Knight to support them as I have more Ultramarines units so no longer need it  to make the points level and also this will allow me to use the Combat Doctrines rule that Space Marines have received since my last visit.

My planned list is the following;


++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [24 PL, 8CP, 435pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Ultramarines

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ HQ +

Captain in Phobos Armour [5 PL, 99pts]: Adept of the Codex, Camo cloak, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine, Warlord

Primaris Lieutenants [4 PL, 69pts]
. Primaris Lieutenant: Power sword, The Vox Espiritum

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]: 4x Incursor, Incursor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 86pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 86pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [26 PL, 5CP, 480pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Ultramarines

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ HQ +

Chief Librarian Tigurius [7 PL, 130pts]: 1) Precognition, 2) Scryer's Gaze, 3) Telepathic Assault

Primaris Chaplain [4 PL, 77pts]: 2. Catechism of Fire, Litany of Hate

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 86pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 86pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 101pts]: Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Thunder hammer

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [51 PL, 1CP, 1,083pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Ultramarines

Detachment CP [1CP]

+ HQ +

Lieutenants in Phobos Armor [5 PL, 81pts]
. Lieutenant in Phobos Armour
. . Occulus Bolt Carbine and Bolt Pistol: Grav-chute, Master-crafted occulus bolt rifle

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [7 PL, 177pts]: 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator x2

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 72pts]
. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak
. 2x Eliminator with Bolt Sniper: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak

Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 108pts]
. Eliminator Sergeant: Camo cloak, Las Fusil
. 2x Eliminator with Las Fusil: 2x Camo cloak, 2x Las Fusil

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 315pts]: 2x Heavy flamer, 2x Hunter-killer missile, Storm cannon array, Storm cannon array

Repulsor Executioner [15 PL, 330pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy Laser Destroyer, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, 2x Storm bolter, Twin Heavy Bolter, Twin Icarus Ironhail Heavy Stubber

++ Total: [101 PL, 14CP, 1,998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

This list should give me a nice balance between anti-tank/monster firepower and anti-infantry ability as well as a good number of units to hold down objectives and the characters to support it all.  I start with 14 CP so can use a good amount of stratagems as well as having the ability to regain a CP per turn and generate another CP a turn with psychic powers too which should allow me to keep using stratagems into the late game.  One weakness my list could show is that it is all quite slow with little forward deployment and deep strike to threaten unguarded spots so I will have to be aggressive with my foot troops if I need to press into enemy deployment zones.

The event will be using Chapter Approved 2019 Eternal War missions with an extra rules that the ground floor of ruins block line of sight.

The last event I went to at Alpha Games I went 1-1-1 for win-draw-loss so I am hoping that I can do at least as well though it would be nice to improve as well but will just have to wait and see how I do.

Update: So with the games played and the dice fallen silent now its time to take stock of how I did.  I ended up winning 2 games and losing 1.  I did well vs a shooty necron army and a mixed space wolves and guard list with lots of outflanking wulfen but got annihilated by a blood angels list with loads of sanguinary guard.  My performance overall put me in 6th place out of 19 and I did improve on my 1-1-1 from the last event at Alpha Games so I was happy with that.  For my list I think the lessons learnt were that I need a melee deterrent and work better on screening  against fast things like sanguinary guard, so going to work on the list and get some more practice in to see if I can improve.  Check out my Instagram for a few pictures from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...