16 January 2020

Path to Glory 2020: The Noctis Elite - Forming the Legion

Well 2020 is here and that can only mean one thing for our little blog - a new Tale of Four Wargamers! However this year there's a little twist, we've added another member to our intrepid group of gamers with Tom joining in on all the hobby blog based fun.

We've done an intro post detailing our plans for this latest Tale - a Path to Glory in the Nine Realms of Age of Sigmar. Each of us has dedicated ourselves to a faction of choice. In my case that meant once again returning to the cold embrace of Death and the Grand Necromancer Nagash. For this Tale I'll be taking command of a force of the mighty Ossiarch Bonereapers, a remorseless and unrelenting force of bone constructs created to transform the Realms into a new Necrotopia. Ever since the range was first teased I've been eagerly anticipating building up a legion of the Bonereapers. 

So then what exactly have I got planned for the Ossiarch?
My initial idea was to stick to a compact 1000 point list that I'd aim to get fully painted before buying anything extra. The Ossiarch half of Feast of Bones provided a good basis and with one or two extra boxes I'd be sorted. That plan did not last long as you can see from this picture....


Still to be assembled are another 20 Mortek Guard and 2 Morghast. I'd also like to get a Soulreaper into my collection as it's probably my favourite model in the range. So what was initially planned as only a 1000 point army has now rapidly expanded into a full 2000 point list... sounds about right for me.

My idea for the Ossiarch originally was to have a 1000 point collection that I'd get painted up by April this year which I still plan to achieve, only now I want to take that further and have all 2000 points painted by the end of the year. Ideally I'll be able to get this done in time to attend a throne of Skulls at Warhammer World in Nov/Dec or early in 2021. To keep myself on track I wanted to use this post as a schedule of sorts so that I can come back and see how I'm doing. I've planned out my initial 1000 points to be done by April and once I've finished that I'll plan out the rest of the army. With that being said my schedule for the next 4 months will be:

To be painted
January - 10x Mortek Guard, Mortek Soulmason
February - 10x Mortek Guard, Bone Tithe Nexus
March - 5x Kavalos Deathriders, Liege Kavalos
April - Gothizzar Harvester

This set of models gives me a nice little 1000 point army that I could happily take to a Meeting Engagments event or smaller scale AoS tourney in the near future. I'd like to get a unit of Necropolis Stalkers painted up if possible but I completely forgot about the monolith that is the Bone Tithe Nexus scenery piece that'll take up a fair chunk of my painting time.

So that's my plan, let's see if I can actually stick to it! I'll be popping up blog posts at the end of every month detailing what I've managed to get done so keep an eye out for those. With that said that's all I've got to report for now. I'm on track for getting everything done by the end of this month and my paint scheme is going well so I'm really happy with it all so far. 

Before I forget I have started up an Instagram where I'll be posting images of my progress on the Bonereapers, as well as other hobby related goodness! You can find me @hobbyguyjames.

Until next time,

James

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...