7 January 2020

Path to Glory 2020: The Brass Rampagers II

"Blood for the Blood God!"

Today I have been looking at the units I will be taking in my initial warband. This is mainly guided by the models I currently have available*, rather than a burning desire to have a powerful list. The majority of the models I will be using come from the Blades of Khorne Start Collecting kit, the contents of which were in the original AoS starter.

To this end I decided against rolling randomly for my warleader's follower units...


First choice is a Mighty Lord of Khorne to lead my fledgling warband. A real bruiser in combat, I expect he will be rather much overkill in smaller games; but, all the better to assure future victories in the name of Khorne! This great warrior will be known as Khurgath Wartaker, Lord of the Brass Rampagers. This fearless leader he brings five units of followers to fight alongside him...
Khurgath is joined by Voraal Bloodhand, a champion of renown, who bears a great sigil of Khorne's power into battle. This hero will bolster the warband with the power of the bloody icon, lending those around Voraal a great fury when they fight.
To bolster the numbers of the growing warband I am going to be fielding a horde of twenty Bloodreavers and ten Blood Warriors. Between them they will provide numbers to threaten their foes, to dominate the field, and to hold strategic objectives.
The next unit to join Khurgath's rampage is a trio of Mighty Skullcrushers, fearless warriors riding atop great armoured steeds of Khorne. This unit will operate as shock cavalry, smashing into flanks and destroying their lord's foes.

Such great bloodshed has also attracted a wandering monster of Khorne's realm, a bestial Khorgorath, to the might lord's force. This vicious creature will hamper the battleshock tests of enemy units it attacks, and even has a chance to regain lost wounds as it eats those it has slain in battle!
Hopefully I can get some more games under my belt, learn to master these wild berzerkers, and start reaping a tally of skulls for Khorne!
The current units for starting out on this Path to Glory are:

  • Mighty Lord of Khorne
  • Bloodsecrator
  • 20x Bloodreavers
  • 10x Blood Warriors
  • 3x Mighty Skullcrushers
  • 1x Khorgoroth
* obviously I am using stand-in pictures, and not those of my own models! :D

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the new force! Will be looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

    ReplyDelete

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...