2 January 2020

Path to Glory: The Brass Rampagers

Hello everyone!

I'm Tom and I am the new kid on the blog and I will be using the Blades of Khorne army as part of this Tale of Five Wargamers.

I will admit right now that this is an army I have had, built up, partially painted and based, and played a few games (likely less than 10!) with since the start of Age of Sigmar back in 2015. I own a large number of the models, most of which are in the annoying limbo of "sort of done"; they are not grey plastic, have lots of base layers down, but are by no means finished to a standard I consider done, nor are they based as I want them to be. This will change during 2020!
A bleeding totem, totally normal...

The models I have to draw on for the army include:
  • Mighty Lord of Khorne
  • Bloodsecrator
  • Bloodstoker
  • Exalted Deathbringer
  • Aspiring Deathbringer
  • Skullgrinder
  • Skarr Bloodwrath
  • 2x Slaughterpriest
  • Karanak
  • Magore's Fiends
  • Garrek's Reavers
  • 5x Blood Warriors
  • 30x Bloodreavers
  • 3x Mighty Skullcrushers
  • Khorgoroth
  • 5x Flesh Hounds
  • 10x Blood Letters
  • 3x Judgements of Khorne
  • Skull Altar 
Mighty Lord of Khorne, with gore and backlighting...
The models I need to buy for this Tale:
  • 10x Blood Warriors - troops for the troops god!
  • 5x Wrathmongers - flails for his throne!
Korgorath, shame there are no other sculpts
The models I _want_ to buy for the army at some point:
  • Exalted Deathbringer - with Impaling Spear (this will allow me to choose between the two loadouts and run a full "Gorechosen" battalion!
  • 5x Skullreapers - I don't have any
  • Aspiring Deathbringer - to convert up the alternate weapon loadout
  • Chaos Warshrine - it is cool and I want one!
  • 40x Marauders - likely using the Flagellant kit to support the Warshrine
So I hope I can pull together a cohesive fighting force from the models above. Then over the next few months I can work hard to make sure they are all fully painted. From there I can look to add a few extra bits to the force and expand it out for larger games of Age of Sigmar!

Onwards into 2020 and here is to successful skull taking in the name of Khorne!

    1 comment:

    1. Khorne cares not where the blood and skulls come from, just that they do... so win win, even with a lose!

      ReplyDelete

    Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

     Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...