17 January 2020

Hive Fleet Lindworm: The First Wave

The darkness falls on the warp over and the hive mind sends in the first tendril of Lindworm.  Hordes of hormagaunts swarm the defences probing for weakness and screening the more important warrior-strains landing behind them.

A new 40k project for my will be my first xeno army for a few years, I have decided to go with Tyranids as a strong contrast to my usual power armoured flavour of army.  Additionally I am using this army to try out the new Contrast paints range from Games Workshop as Tyranids have lots of different textures that will work well with these new paints.

To kick off this project I decided to get two boxes of hormagaunts, which gives me an almost max strength unit of them that I can use to run across the table and hit things in melee.

Colours wise for my hive fleet I decided to colour theory it to pick some colours and went with a triadic scheme of orange, green and purple from the colour wheel.







This mean that my colour scheme was as follows;

  1. Prime with Grey Seer
  2. Basecoat flesh with Warp Lightning
  3. Recoat chitin with Grey Seer by brush
  4. Basecoat chitin with Gryph-Hound Orange
  5. Basecoat weapons, claws, teeth and tongue with Shyish Purple
  6. Highlight flesh with Moot Green
  7. Highlight chitin with Fire Dragon bright
  8. Highlight weapons, claws, teeth and tongue with Xereus Purple
  9. Highlight chitin with Lugganath Orange
  10. Highlight weapons, claws, teeth and tongue with Genestealer Purple

This gives a very alien scheme that will contrast nicely with my Imperial forces, while not taking too much time for what is a horde army meaning that my hobby time wouldn't be monopolised by hordes of bugs to get the army finished.

The next strain to be spawned by the norn ships for my hive fleet will be some Tyranid Warriors to provied some synapse to keep my gaunts in line.

2 comments:

  1. They look great! Really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I wanted a bright striking scheme and contrast paints work really well on them

      Delete

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...