27 January 2020

Path to Glory 2020 - Indaril's Hunters - Part 1

Indaril glided through the air with her zephyrspite catching thermals to keep her aloft, far below she tracked her prey who had dared to raid the glade.  She directed her hunters though the forest to stalk the prey ready to fall upon them when the opportunity presented itself.  As the prey entered a glade clearing, Indaril dove down her song turning belligerent ready to avenge the wrong done in blood.....

Hi all, for my starting Warband I decided to pick the Arch-Revenant as my hero who gives me 3 rolls to spend from the path to glory tables.  To theme my band I decided to go for a free spirit heavy start as the arch-revenant is a strong melee leader who works well with the Kurnoth Hunters so I spend my rolls on a unit of 3 Kurnoth Hunter with greatswords, a unit of 3 Kurnoth Hunters with scythes and a unit of 3 Kurnoth Hunters with great bows.



My paint scheme for my sylvaneth was to try and make them as natural looking as possible for the wooded parts then contrast that with bright colours for the spirit parts on the revenant models (arch-, tree- or spite-) to inject some colour.
Bark painting
  1. base coat caliban green
  2. heavy wet brush karak stone
  3. heavy dry brush longbeard grey
  4. glaze athonian camoshade
  5. wash glyph and eyes recesses with nihilakh oxide
  6. glaze leaves with waywatcher green
  7. glaze leaves with lamenters yellow
  8. highlight leaves palid wych flesh
  9. wash skulls with reikland fleshshade
This method creates a nice natural looking living bark shade with an ethereal look to the glyphs and faces to show that they're not just trees.

For the spririt side of the arch-revenant I based it white then used washes and glazes over the top to create the colours.





My war band for month 1 is the following;

Arch-Revenant (Wrongs to Avenge Champion Reward)
3 Kurnoth Hunters with greatbows
3 Kurnoth Hunters with greatswords
3 Kurnoth Hunters with scythes

With my starter warband all painted up I need to work out what I will be adding for month 2, i am thinking currently either some dryads or some tree-revenants who are answering the call of arch-revenant Indaril.  Come back end of next month to see the completed version and if you want to see my progress keep an eye on my instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...