27 January 2020

A Tale of Four Warlords - Path to Glory: The Brazen Harbingers

Path to Glory 2020: The Brazen Harbingers

Not to be confused with the Brass Rampagers, the Brazen Hard Drinkers, the Dingy Brass Crazies, the Hungry Brassmongers, the Brash Humdingers or the Bingy Haberdashers (they get very insulted by this last mistake), my path to glory warband will be the Brazen Harbingers.


I've made good progress in the month 1, with 3 knights, 10 warriors and a lord on karkadrak painted! These are such lovely models, though I've naturally cut them up a bit to assist with transport (losing the sticky-out axe on the karkadrak lord) and to mix up the weapon options and add standards and musicians. These switches have also given me a nice converted chaos lord on foot, who I'll paint in a future month.








The karkadrak lord seems a tad fragile and for his use at tournament level, but he's still very far from non viable once you give him the -3 rend relic from Chamon (sadly unavailable in path to glory)  and I love the model so much that he had to lead my warband. I went for a fiery theme on the mount, to contrast with the black plate and add a daemonic aspect.


In terms of background, the army is a loose, wandering confederation of tribes on occasion subdued to the will of the Daemon Prince Ba'zarek the Abyssal. Many hail from the mountains of Shyish, but the network of nearby realmgates links them also to the infernal mines of Chamon where they join in bloody worship with fearsome Khornate tribes, and to the roaming, diseased tribes of the darklands of Ulgu (read: my existing Nurgle force!).

The rhino lord, 3 knights and 10 warriors gave me my path to glory warband. I’m not 100 per cent confident in their ability to defeat the other war bands (especially  9 kurnoth hunters and a kurnoth hunter buffing character!) but thankfully James also gets a tiny warband so we weaklings can team up until we arrive at points values games - and Matts narrative scenarios should even the odds. Here we go!

Next up I'll be painting some marauder horsemen and my converted, nurglesque iron golems - watch this space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...