28 January 2020

For The Lion: New Year New Army; Start Collecting Dark Angels

I am a big fan of the Adeptus Astartes in 40k, especially the loyal Primaris, so when I decided to start a new army this year for 40k as my Ultramarines are nearly "finished", I have picked another Space Marine faction.  This year I will be focusing on some Dark Angels, the First are an interesting army with 3 sub-factions in a way together forming the whole, they have the Deathwing who are terminator armoured heavy shock troops, the Ravenwing who are bike, speeder and plane mounted marines with a good amount of short ranged fire power.  Alongside these two "Wings" you have the battle companies (the so called Greenwing), who look very similar to the normal codex space marines forces though missing a few little bits and pieces.


My plan is to build up a 2k force of these marines to have some choice as to what to play, so the Ritual of the Damned book came just at the right time for this project.  My starting point was to test the scheme and make sure it worked, I'm going with the classic colours but wanted to make sure that every model is going to have the iconic green, black and bone of the dark angels, even if its just a small section on the model.  For my test miniature I decided to go with the very nice Dark Angels Primaris Lieutenant Zakariah, who has the classic dark angels look of sword, plasma and robes.




I'm using the dark angels armour, bone and black from the citadel colour app for my major colours and have decided for my greenwing to do 5th company as denoted by the quartered pattern on the left knee pad.

Next up for my Dark Angels strike force is some air support in the form of a Dark Talon to hunt down the fallen, so its chance to paint some black on a vehicle while I try and find a list that I like the look of. 

2 comments:

  1. 5th Company for the win, means you can also keep a dark palette with gun casings in black and pauldron trim in black if you wanted as the Codex Company Colour for 5th is Black. That's my 'main' Relictors Company, although my 4th Company is growing considerably...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark Angels are one of my favourite, and the first army I ever had. Got to say though, I was a bit disappointed with the new rules. The Chapter Tactics is still poor for much of the army, and the Doctrine bonus was a bit meh. Hoping they prove better on the table than in the book.

    ReplyDelete

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...