3 July 2019

Mustering for Vigilus: Neil's Ultramarines; End of Month 6

So the end of our 6th month of the Mustering for Vigilus series is here so its time more another update on how painting Ultramarines have gone.  This is in fact the end of the Mustering for Vigilus group project to get our collections to the point where we can all go to a doubles event at Wayland Games.


My aim this month was to paint a couple of characters in the form of the Primaris Apothecary and the Primaris Librarian as well as another 5 Primaris Intercessors to bring me to a nice round 30.



So lets see how that went.


First up was the Primaris Apothecary, who was very different to paint as he has white armour instead of the blue that all my other Ultramarines have had.  The white was done by priming white then using a 50:50 mix of Drakenhoff Nightshade : Lahmian Medium I did a recess wash to give it a cold clinical white feel (though it doesn't seem to have come across well in the pictures).




Next were the 5 intercessors who were done the same as all the previous intercessors, these now bring my total to having 6 demi-squads of Intercessors


Finally I have the Primaris Librarian, who I went with the standard blue armour colour but to make him stand out from the normal command elements (such as the Captains etc) I inverted the cloak colours for his robe so red interior and cream exterior.  This helps to make him stand out without extending the colour palette further to keep that unified look across the whole army.



As I said at the beginning that this month just gone was the last official month of the Mustering for Vigilus project but I am planning to keep painting Ultramarines to expand my army (which has reached Demi Company size now) and to work towards hopefully taking them to a Grand Tournament Heat one day.  The ending to our group project will be a doubles event down at Wayland Games where each player gets 750 pts in the pair so the games will be 1500pt games, I am pairing with Matt for the event with his Adeptus Mechanicus.  For this event I will be painting up another model for my list, a Lieutenant in Phobos Armour to support an Inceptor Squad.  In a couple of weeks I should have an update on how the event went for us.

I will have some more Ultramarines updates as I go on with my Tournament Operations series, especially with new Primaris models on the horizon, so keep your eyes open for a new set of posts from me, especially as I'm currently working on a Repulsor and have a new Repulsor Executioner on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...