3 July 2019

Mustering for Vigilus: Medge's Adeptus Mechanicus, End of Month 6.

Month 6 is over, and with it our Vigilus Tale draws to an end.

This was the final month to finish our collections off, a final dash to finish those last models and to complete our tournament lists ahead of the doubles event at Wayland Games later this month.

At the end of Month 5 I pledged to complete 
1 more Syndonia Dragoon, 1 Tech Priest Dominus and 5 Skitarii Rangers to complete my tournament requirements, but also to round finish off all the assembled models I had left needing paint.

So how did I do?





First up, let's have a look at Sydonian Dragoon #3...


 

Nothing really new here to be honest... My collection already has two of these, and they're all painted the same way.
I had the pleasure of running all three in a game a little while back and they worked really nicely, so having the full squadron painted is great!
The only unique element of this guy is the base. Keeping with the "squished Black Legion" theme I've opted for a... squished Black Legionary! 



Up next the Skitarii Rangers!




Again - nothing new... 5 more Rangers to add to the squads I already have.
After mixed success with the Transuranic Arquebus snipers I've decided to leave them out of the Doubles event we've been building towards. As a result I needed a few extra basic rangers to fill out the squad... and these guys fit perfectly!

The last two additions to the collection were little bits I had lying around that needed finishing off; minor extra's that didn't fit in to any list in particular but came with boxes. As part of my commitment to completing projects I wanted to finish these off before moving on from the AdMech.




The Tech Priest Dominus came with the second Start Collecting! Skitarii box I bought back in Month 4. After two months in the box I finally got around to painting the guy.

A finally... completely random Vanguard!



I can't recall why I have a random Skitarii Vanguard, but he was assembled in my bitz box so it seemed like a shame to leave him unpainted!

And with that the project is over!

It feels a little strange to say that, especially on the back on a great release last weekend (the Skorpius Disintegrator/ Dunestrider).
And I'll likely revisit the project in the future - the AdMech aren't going anywhere and I'm not in the business of selling off my lovely looking Imperial Collection!

The doubles in two weeks will mark the true end of the project, after which I'll post a joint post with my doubles partner, Neil, on how we get on.

I'm also planning on doing an Epilogue post in July showing off the full collection I've put together over the last 6 months. That'll be nice to see!

July is going to be a quiet month for our little group; a month off after a busy 40k project.
In that time I'll be working diligently on some backlog, and have another small project I'll be kicking off too.

August will see a new tale kick off in earnest - an AoS project that'll follow our progress from Warband to Grand Army as we prepare for multiple small and large tournaments. The specifics are yet to be decided, but I'm getting excited nonetheless!

Best of luck with all your hobby endeavors everyone, and if you like what you see/ read here and want to follow along don't forget to subscribe to our mailing list and check me out over on Instagram (#DrMedge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...