1 February 2019

Mustering for Vigilus: Neil's Ultramarines, End of Month 1

Its the first day of February and the first month of our tale of four gamers has come to an end.  The aim each month is to paint a box's worth of models to build up to a 1000 point Warhammer 40k army for a doubles event, more info can be found in my Intro post for this tale.

My aim this month was to paint up Marneus Calgar in the Armour of Heraclus and his Victrix Honour Guard.  This would give me a good start as Calgar makes a great warlord for an Ultramarines force as well as being a really nice new model.


Part of my personal aim alongside the main group aim was to use my airbrush as a major part of this project to improve my ability with this tool (and also to help make the limited time I get to spend on painting stretch a bit further).  For the Ultramarines I decided to use it to do the blue armour, which is the majority of most space marines, with a try at zenith highlighting.

So below are some pictures of the finished Marneus Calgar and guard.




The most prominent feature on these three is not actually the typical blue armour but their red cloaks which gives a very nice contrasting colour to the blue.

Month 2
That's month 1 successfully completed, on to month 2! My aim for this month is to paint up some troops for Calgar to lead into battle so I will be painting 5 intercessors as the core pledge but I do have another 15 intercessors that I will try to get painted at the same time to give my strike force a good boost in numbers.

2 comments:

  1. These look great, yes the cloaks ensure they stand out on the battlefield. Great sculpts, the lore might be touchy but the sculpts solid. (We have this really risky procedure, we’ll experiment on our greatest hero first - what could go wrong?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah models are great, I haven't been able to read the lore yet as I don't currently have the Vigilus book but its 40k so it was always going to be a hero leading the way so why not Calgar.

    ReplyDelete

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...