10 December 2020

Xenos on Crusade: Neil the Devourer; Hive Fleet Lindworm Month 6

Hi all it's Neil here with a new post about my Hive Fleet Lindworm force for our group Xenos on Crusade project.  If this is the first time you've seen one of these posts the basic info is that we've been playing the new 9th edition Crusade narrative rules with a Xeno faction each, with mine being Tyranids, and using the Crusade rules to play games and paint models for our rosters.  This month due to lockdown there hasn't been any gaming possibilities so I lost a lot of enthusiasm for the force but I did paint up a Broodlord for the hive.


The Broodlord has lots of the green area and very little of the other two colours as he (and genestealers) are very different in form to the rest of the Tyranid range.  I've never been the biggest fan of this part of the range but painting up the Broodlord has improved my opinion of them.



Statwise he looks like a very good combat guy with a little bit of psychic powers to support and/or disrupt.  Unsurprisingly he works well with genestealers being able to advance and charge with good movement let them kind of work like an expensive melee missile.



Next up for Lindworm are some genestealers to work with the Broodlord but with the current COVID rules ruling out gaming currently my enthusiasm has waned a bit so its going to be a bit on the back burner so there wouldn't be too much for this project till gaming restarts or a new Tyranid codex is released to inspire me.  I know there are some more monsters I would like to add to the hive as well as the medium bug and there's always room for more of hordes of gaunts so if I get some drive to paint Lindworm again I have lots of options.  If you want to check out what I'm painting, my Instagram has WIP pictures of the models on my painting table.  For more Hive Fleet Lindworm and my fellow warlord's Xeno armies check out our Xenos on Crusade group projects.  See you again soon for some more xenos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...