14 December 2020

For the Lion: REPENT!

Hi all it's Neil here with another Dark Angel's post in my For the Lion series.  This is about my Interrogator Chaplain in Terminator armour, which is using the Commemorative Series Terminator Chaplain Tarentus model that got a limited release earlier this year.   Interrogator Chaplains are a Dark Angel unique HQ who basically a Chaplain with extra morale harming abilities in the game.  In the lore, these are the Chaplain's who have proven themselves and been inducted into the Inner Circle.  They are responsible for extracting confessions from the Fallen who are captured to redeem the Dark Angel's secret sin from the Heresy.


I painted up the Interrogator Chaplain using the same colours as I'd used on my other Dark Angels units sticking with the classic black armour with gold trim paired with a dark green cloak.




Currently from the Index: Dark Angels the Interrogator Chaplain gets an extra wound and attack over the standard Chaplain as well as the Inner Circle and Aura of Dread special rules.  The Aura of Dread is a 6" aura that causes enemy units to count as being below Half Strength so they'd now fail their combat attrition tests on 2s as well as 1s.  The Inner Circle rule gives several abilities.  The first is a slight determinant in that this model cannot fall back if engaged with a FALLEN unit or needs to roll equal or less than their leadership on 2d6 to fall back from other units.  It does give a bonus though to any INFANTRY unit with Inner Circle which causes unmodified wound rolls of 1-3 to always fail irrespective of any ability of the weapon or model attacking has.  It does also make the Morale test taken for units with Inner Circle to be passed automatically.  These make them much more survivable than the standard Chaplains.

My Interrogator Chaplain is armed with a combi-flamer and Crozius Arcanum in his terminator armour, which along with the ability to use litanies allow him to be a strong combatant as well as a force multiplier.  The litanies are flexible enough to allow him to support a gunline or a melee attack force or become a beat-stick himself.

Next to be added to my Dark Angel's strike force will be a unit of Deathwing Bladeguard Veterans, the first primaris unit to join the Deathwing.  These will add a resilient melee unit to anchor my gunline and maybe when the codex supplement comes out they might even get the Inner Circle rule themselves but will have to wait a little to find out.  If you want to see WIP pictures of what I'm painting check out my Instagram and if you want to see more of my Dark Angels project check out my other For the Lion posts.  See you all soon for more unforgiven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...