5 November 2020

Xenos on Crusade: Neil the Devourer; Hive Fleet Lindworm Month 5

Hi all it's Neil here with another post about my Hive Fleet Lindworm crusade project as part of our group Xenos on Crusade project.  A quick recap, this project was to get us all playing 9th edition where we all chose a Xeno faction to take into the new Crusade way to play.  My Tyranids have been growing slowly, starting from a couple of units and now being a 75 power list with quite a few games under its belt.  This month's additions complete the outstanding models for this 75 power crusade roster, a Mawloc and a pair of Zoanthropes to reinforce my existing unit.


I was lucky enough to receive a bounty of Tyranid models for my birthday back in September (in writing this in October) and among those were some Zoanthropes and a Start Collecting box.  I have already done the Neurothrope so had 2 more Zoanthropes waiting to be added once I played another game or so to boost that unit in my roster to 5 from 3 for that extra Smite damage.



The Mawloc is my latest monster who's role is to disrupt the enemy with its ability to appear from reserve 1" away from enemy models and deal mortal wounds to any units nearby.  This should encourage the enemy to spread out making their auras less useful and allowing my other units to pick them off one by one.  It can't charge after this deep strike because that would be too much but it is right up in their face so they either have to move away or risk it next turn.  For the crusade roster I have given him the Monstrous Size adaptation on his scything talons to give them a bit of a boost.




I have played one game since my last post with Hive Fleet Lindworm against Tim's Dark Eldar which went poorly for me though I did give a good account of myself and the only bad thing happening being my Tyranid Prime taking a Lost Leg battlescar reducing his movement.


Hopefully I will get to do more gaming in the future with them and I will continue to paint up some more models for them as well as I still have a Broodlord and 8 Genestealers left to do from the Start Collecting box.  If you want to see WIP pics of what I'm currently painting check out my Instagram.  My fellow warlords have been doing their crusade forces as well and you can check them out here.  If you've been doing your own crusade forces, post in the comments as it would be great to hear how you are finding it.  See you around soon for some more Hive Fleet Lindwom!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...