30 June 2020

Xenos on Crusade: Neil the Devourer; Hive Fleet Lindworm Month 1

Hi all, its Neil here with a look at my first month's progress on our 9th edition group project.  Month 1 had the aim to get a 50 power list built and at least one unit painted from this.  I'll show you below how I've done and what the plan for month 2 is for Hive Fleet Lindworm.

I had come up with my 50 power list as shown below;

  • Hive Tyrant with wings "The Void Herald"
  • Warrior Brood with 3 warriors "The Dark Stalkers"
  • Hormagaunt brood with 20 hormagaunts "The Bladed Swarm"
  • Maleceptor "The Benighted Devourer"
  • Toxicrene "The Caustic Tendril"
  • Tyrannofex "Hell's Annihilator"
I have managed to have it all built except for the Maleceptor and Toxicrene this month but these missing big bugs are currently out of stock at GW so I may need to change up the plan in the future depending on when they come back.

The painting has gone pretty well, I did already have a unit fully painted before we started, the hormagaunts so that was an easy win there.  But not wanting to leave it there I painted up my Warrior unit and my winged Hive Tyrant or "Flyrant".  The painting steps for these models are below
  1. Prime with Grey Seer
  2. Basecoat flesh with Warp Lightning
  3. Recoat areas with Grey Seer by brush that shouldn't be green
  4. Basecoat chitin with Gryph-Hound Orange
  5. Basecoat weapons, claws, teeth and tongue with Shyish Purple
  6. Highlight flesh with Moot Green
  7. Highlight chitin with Fire Dragon bright
  8. Highlight weapons, claws, teeth and tongue with Xereus Purple
  9. Highlight chitin with Lugganath Orange
  10. Highlight weapons, claws, teeth and tongue with Genestealer Purple
  11. Basecoat wing membranes with Plaguebearer Flesh
  12. Highlight wing membranes with Ogryn Camo
Here are my fully painted units;









With these two units painted up for the hive fleet it brings me to 22 power painted of my 50 with another 11 power built ready for the next stage.  As was said in the introduction and kick off post for Xenos on Crusade the month 2 aim is to get 25 power painted up so with 22 already done I am pretty close to this already.  To take me over the 25 power, I'm going to be painting up Hell's Annihilator, my tyrannofex while I keep a close eye on the Games Workshop webstore for my missing big bugs.

So that's my update for month 1 and my plans for month 2, come back in a month to see the next update.  If you want to see WIP pictures of my painted check out my Instagram for this and other projects.  See you next time for more Xenos on Crusade and check out the other month 1 updates from my fellow warlords!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...