15 May 2020

For the Lion: Reconnaissance in Force

Hi all, its not been too long since my last post for this project but I've been on a bit of a painting spree at the moment.  My newly completed unit is 3 skyhunters on scimitar jetbikes for my Dark Angels Legion forces, these models are really cool and in game will make a good start to a Ravenwing Protocol force.  I actually bought these models at the Games Day when Forgeworld first released the Age of Darkness game so they've been waiting a while to get some paint.




The skyhunters are both scouting elements for the legions as well as acting as harassing units with their speed and heavier weapons in battle especially by the white scars and ravenwing of the dark angels.

As well as the heavy bolters on the jetbikes themselves each marine has a chainsword and the sergeant of the squadron is carrying a blade of Caliban to play to the strengths of the Dark Angels legion rules which gives them WS 3.5 in effect when wielding a sword shaped melee weapon.

Now these jetbikers are all painted, next up is a squad of ravenwing black knights for 40k.  These elite bikers are the masters of the ravenwing's inner circle. 

Check out my Instagram for pictures of what I'm working on currently.

2 comments:

  1. They look beautiful mate, love the smooth black sleek look and the DA bits. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Its basically halfords matte black spray for the black with some highlights or dry brushing on it. I mixed the the ravenwing black knight parts to give it that dark angels knightly look.

      Delete

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...