3 February 2020

Path to Glory 2020: Brass Rampagers III

The first month...

As I previously mentioned I am not starting a new army in 2020, instead I am using the Path to Glory as a way to get a force I have painted and onto the tabletop. So the majority of the full force I have already, and just require finishing. I have purchased a few additional units - Blood Warriors and Wrathmongers - to fill a few holes in my bloody host. Hopefully I will improve and speed up my painting along the way!

Sprues for His throne!
Blood quenched brass armour is this season’s look!

Most of my focus this month has been assembling and starting painting my 10-strong unit of Blood Warriors. These will join the five models that came in the original AoS starter set, three others swapped with Tim for some metal Chaos Chosen, and a couple of conversions of Magore’s Fiends. The assembly of the unit was pretty much out of the box, with careful use of parts to ensure I had spare bits to convert the duplicate push-fit Blood Warriors I got from Tim. You can see the progress I have made below, compared with one of my finished starter set models. Plenty to do yet in February!

Gore looks better in person...
I have also dedicated time to finishing existing models, and seeing the progress of the other four wargamers has really spurred me on to finishing things. I have finished up my Mighty Lord of Khorne - that features a rather fine helm conversion, no doubt a relic from the Realm of Chamon - ensuring that I have a suitably painted general. My Bloodsecrator received a bit of TLC after a rather ignominious dropping on the floor and subsequent reattaching of the Khornate icon. I also ended up rebasing the model after discovering that I had based both it and an Aspiring Deathbringer in my collection on 40mm bases rather than the 32mm sizes stipulated in the FAQ.
Banners for show, totem for a pro...
My final big achievement in January was (nearly) completing three Mighty Skullcrushers. I would have had them all done had it not been for an inadvertent choice of colour for their shields. I have the shields finished and ready to attach to the riders before I decided that the red I had gone for didn’t match well with the metallics I have used elsewhere in the army. They are currently being repainted with some rather disappointing Runelord Brass layer paint. It might take 3+ coats to sort out the blood red scheme I first went with!
Forth Bloodlingus! Ride! Ride now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...