28 August 2019

March for Macragge: Part 2

Hi all, its the end on August and I have finished painting all my Ultramarines that I had this month so though I'd get in a bit early with the pictures.  This month I have painted up a Repulsor Executioner and a Primaris Chaplain as new additions my Ultramarines force. 

First off we have the Repulsor Executioner, which takes the Repulsor chassis and swaps some transport capacity for extra firepower, bringing some heavy weapons into my Primaris force able to deal with other vehicles and monsters.  I have chosen it give mine the heavy laser destroyer to be a long range tank destroyer, as when combined with its aquillon optics rule this gun can potentially put 24 wounds on a target (enough to kill a questoris knight).






After the Repulsor Executioner, I decided to paint up a Primaris Chaplain.  This model will complete my 2nd Company's command as I progress towards having a full company of Ultramarines and gives another model that can break up the blue.





As a stroke of good fortune, since I completed it's painting the new Codex Space Marines has been release and Chaplains have gotten access to Litanies of Battle which allow them now to do more than give rerolls to hit in close combat.  This change makes a Chaplain a potential choice for a shooty army now as well a combat heavy one, so he may see some use in the near future.

I have now got to the end of all the primaris models I currently own, but I have my birthday coming in September and there have been some new releases with more to come to expand the primaris range so I'm sure I will have some new Ultramarines to show you at the end of September.

2 comments:

  1. Chaplain looks great and the Executioner is a beast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the Chaplain was a nice break from blue and a good challenge to work out how to fit the additional colours I use to work with the black without overpowering it. The Executioner is great, I'm looking forward to using it with the new codex rules soon.

      Delete

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...