3 August 2019

March for Macragge: Part 1 - An Ultramarines Project by Neil

Hi all, welcome to my first post in my March for Macragge series, in which I'll be sharing how my Ultramarines are progressing each month to continue to build on what I've already done as part of our group Mustering for Vigilus series.  The month (June '19 if you're reading this in the "future") I have painted up a Lieutenant in Phobos armour and a Repulsor to add to my Ultramarines.  If you read my epilogue post for Mustering for Vigilus then this wouldn't come as a surprise but you can now find some close up pictures of these below.

First up I have my Lieutenant in Phobos Armour who was painted up for the double tournament that unfortunately didn't happen in the end.  I decided to use this Lieutenant to start on a different company, as my previous Ultramarines have been painted up with gold trim on their shoulder pads indicating that they are part of the 2nd Company and I have already done 2 Lieutenants with this trim.  This lead me to look at what trim colours went with which company and I decided that purple would go nicely but as my 2nd company have gold trim the purple would need to be metallic.




So on the Lieutenant the colours were done the same as all my existing Ultramarines except for the trim on the left shoulder pad which instead of being layered up in gold as first layers up in silver from Leadbelcher to Stormhost Silver and onto this I brushed the Eidolon Purple clear airbrush paint to create the metallic/candy purple for the company marking

Next up I have the Repulsor, I did this similar to how I did the Predator and the Redemptor previously for the blue with picking out the edges in lighter blues and giving the lower part of the tank a darker shade.  I then chose to break up the blue slightly on the side panels by doing the doors in white as there isn't much else to break up the blue on the side armour of the Repulsor.






These are the models that I have completed this month, though I do have a Repulsor Executioner in progress which has benefited from some of the lessons learnt when painting this Repulsor (such as leaving the repulsor plates off for painting) but not quite all of them (like leaving the engine fans and cowling off) so Ill have to remember this for the next Repulsor type tank!

If you have an question please post below in the comments and hopefully see you next month for some more painted Ultramarines. :D

2 comments:

  1. Love the Phobos Lieutenant but just wish he had a better CC Weapon AP. But now on the charge he has a handy +1A so that’s nice with the new rule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel that this guy is the shooty version of the phobos lieutenant and the previewed one is the more melee one but I find that this guy works well dropping in with plasma inceptors

      Delete

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...