27 July 2019

Mustering for Vigilus: Neil's Ultramarines; Epilogue

Hi all, our Mustering for Vigilus group project has ended so I thought I would do a post to reflect on how it has gone, what I got painted and what my plans are now.

The Warhammer 40k project was done with the aim of getting all of use back into 40k a bit more and to build up forces to go to a doubles event so armies of around 750-1000 points.

In this I feel like I have done very well in meeting this aim for myself, I have painted quite a large army well over the 750 points, with the total points cost of the models being just over 3000 points in the end.  My list of painted models for this project is;
  • 30 Intercessors
  • 6 Inceptors
  • 3 Aggressors
  • 5 Hellblasters
  • 2 Victrix Guard
  • 2 Primaris Lieutenants
  • 1 Primaris Captain
  • 1 Primaris Ancient
  • 1 Primaris Apothecary
  • 1 Primaris Librarian
  • 1 Redemptor Dreadnought
  • 1 Predator
  • Marneus Calgar in the Armour of Heraclus
  • Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines
  • 3 Allarus Custodians
Chapter command plus some custodian guard

Battle demi company

Armour support with 7th company lieutenant 

I also managed to get a Lieutenant in Phobos Armour and a Repulsor painted since the end of month 6 post as well.

This in total gives me a Demi-Company of Primaris marines all painted up in 2nd Company trim plus the Phobos Lieutenant being the first model in building up the 7th Company who will be a full Vanguard Primaris Marine company to go with the normal Primaris Marine company that the 2nd will be.  

I was hoping to use this project to use my airbrush more and improve my proficiency with it and think that I have done some good work with it especially on my vehicles, additionally using the airbrush to do the largest colour on the Ultramarines, their signature blue for the armour, allowed me to make good use of my limited hobby time to complete a large army in a relatively short time to what I believe is a good standard.

As for events, we planned to go as two pairs to a doubles event as a nice finisher for the project and something to keep everyone motivated, but unfortunately the doubles event we had planned on going to had to be called off due to low numbers which was a shame.  Despite this, the aim of getting to events with the forces was successful even with the doubles getting called off I had taken my Ultramarines (with a knight) to a singles event where I managed to place mid table against some very competitive lists with a list which was very much all my Ultramarines infantry at the time plus a knight because I felt that I should have something with some heavy guns.

All in all, I fell like the project has been very successful for me and I have achieved all the aims I set myself for the project, as for whats coming next I am still enjoying painting my Ultramarines and want to get the to a good place where I can take them to tournaments and consistently do well alongside painting up a nice collection of what are lots of very nice Primaris marine models.  For this I will be kicking off a new series of posts called "March for Macragge" documenting how my Ultramarines are growing towards those goals (with the lieutenant in phobos armour and repulsor being part of the first post) and I already have the Tournament Operations post which hopefully will be showing my journey into a more competitive side of Warhammer 40,000 and maybe one day I'll even make it to a Grand Tournament Heat with the Ultras.

Thank you for coming on this journey with us all and hopefully we will have more content for you coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...