7 April 2019

Mustering for Vigilus: Tim's Primaris Space Marines, End of Month 3

Month 3 is over, and true to form I have not actually painted the things I said I would... or not fully, anyway.

Instead I have painted some other things - to be precise, 2 Redemptor Dreadnoughts!






I assembled, magnetised and painted these in parts, something I have not done before, so that they have a full range of different weapon options. Although my Imperial lapdogs heroes are sadly lacking in the mad conversion opportunities that distinguish my chaos forces (who by way of example feature a Chaos Lord on Daemonic Steed made out of a decapitated Gryph Charger, a Manticore made out of a Foetid Bloat Drone grafted to a Zombie Dragon, and a Daemon Prince uniting half a Helbrute with half a Khorgorath), I was at least able to pose the Redemptors nicely; one kneeling and firing, the other turning and reacting to the flow of battle.






So perhaps I can claim that my promised intercessors were complete, but promptly interred in Redemptor sarcophagi...?

Otherwise, I do have a bunch of Primaris marines on foot most of the way done, but will share these next week once they're finished - they are currently armless, as I paint the bodies without the guns getting in the way first and then stick the weapons on afterwards.






I have also been industriously creating a chapter master for my Dawnbringers chapter - Lord Anchises. I think that Roboute Guilliman might honour a particular chapter with his presence, and is simply not a being any mere marine proxy could replicate; but I would like to try out using Marneus Calgar too when I use my guys as Ultramarines and don't want to have him sticking out like a sore thumb. So instead I've started to green stuff and jerry rig together my own equivalent - the mighty leader of the Dawnbringers who, crippled in action, directs his warriors enthroned in a mobile tactical variant of the Dreadnought chassis. Once complete, I plan to give him dreadnought fists too, to stand in for the Gauntlets of Ultramar. He comes with two knightly bodyguards of my chapter, each of whom will stand in for the Ultramarines-specific Victrix Guard.




In addition, my Primaris have had their second battlefield outing this month, in which they vanquished some Necrons down at the club. I was impressed at the sheer versatile effectiveness of Deathwatch kill teams, though full laurels go to the Watch Captain who faced down a C'tan shard for two turns with some extremely lucky save rolls. Unclean duly purged.

Next month will see me complete the building of Lord Anchises and add some more infantry (the promised intercessors, and  a few aggressors to join them). With these reinforcements I'll be approaching my target for the 750pts list to bring to the doubles tourney that our group wants to complete the tale with:

750 pts - Deathwatch


  • Watch captain, stalker bolt rifle, power sword 87
  • Watch captain, auto bolt rifle, power sword 88
  • 5 intercessors 90
  • 6 intercessors, 4 hellblasters 240
  • 5 intercessors 90
  • Redemptor Dreadnought, heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon and onslaught Gatling Cannon, 2 storm bolters 155


Balanced, moderately competitive, let's see how it does...

Till next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...