2 March 2019

Mustering for Vigilus Month 2: Tim’s Primaris

Month 2 of the Vigilus muster is done, and I'm proud to present 7 more Dawnbringers reporting for duty. These are the heroic lieutenant, Ascanius Venator, and 6 Primaris reivers, hopefully to add to next month's Shadowspear release! I've also polished off the outstanding bit of painting on the Captain, Aeneas Herax, so I now have two characters, and these can double as a Watch Master (with custodian spear magnetised) and Watch Captain to allow experimenting playing as Deathwatch.

Ascanius Venator is a rising star among the Dawnbringers, currently operating under the command of Aeneas Herax. He was gifted with a finely crafted power sword by his commander in the Ultramarines  to recognise his distinguished service when operating as part of the Unnumbered Sons, which he bears keenly into battle - he is depicted drawing his power sword in the rather great Warhammer: Conquest lieutenant model (otherwise with its Ultrarines symbols filed down).

The Reiver models are wonderfully atmospheric, with a nice, dark, special ops vibe - I tried to reflect this with a darker colour scheme, eschewing the gold shoulder pauldrons of the rest of the marines I painted (it hardly seemed very stealthy) and painting the right pauldron an ominous black.

















Next month, though, it's back to the battleline - I aim to complete 10 more intercessors, so as to complete a battalion detachment forming the core of my Primaris army, with an optional add-on  target of a Primaris librarian, Eus Sylvius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...