11 February 2019

Mustering for Vigilus - Tim’s Primaris - end of month 1

So, a belated end of month 1 for the Dawnbringers Primaris... unfortunately real life, in the form of my partner having an accident which she is still stoically recovering from, has intervened and my blog posting has not been as frequent as I’d have liked.

However, I have completed 7 Primaris to add to the heroic Dawnbringers, as I look ahead now eagerly to the coolness that is the Shadowspear battle box and the new vanguard chamber company being opened deployed! As a chaos marine player and lover of hobby bargains (I have about 5 know no fear starter sets, which supplied an entire army of mutated plague marine conversions and a whole deathshroud squad of lord of contagion conversions...), the heretic in me is thrilled to see this set!

But with my loyalist hat on, I present to you the first 5 intercessors (3 of whom happen to be sergeants; I adjusted the colour scheme after them to be less weathered so thought I would make the more weatherbeaten guys the longest serving, the squad leaders) and 2 hellblasters. I have to say I am super pleased how the colour scheme worked out- nice and unique; heroic but not entirely unrealistic (much as I love the howling griffons scheme!). 


The captain sadly is not quite there, though he is most of the way... basing and very last details to follow next month!

And alongside him I pledge to paint 6 reavers. Not that I think they’re any good with current rules, but they are lovely models. And if I have time I will do a Primaris lieutenant to accompany them; but he will have to be a stretch pledge. Photo of them in their current state attached. 

See you next month!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...