8 June 2021

For The Lion: Armour Inbound

 Hi all it's Neil here with a new post for my For The Lion series where I'm showing my Gladiator tank to you.  The Gladiator is one of the latest vehicle releases for the space marines and is basically the Predator version of the Impulsor with a turret weapon and two sponsons.  The addition to my Dark Angels give me more anti-tank or anti-infantry options depending on which variant I use.


For my Gladiator I used my normal colour scheme that uses the classic Dark Angels green and as a vehicle it takes a drybrush really well so I use a good amount of that technique where reasonable.



When building my Gladiator I decided to magnetise it so that I could be flexible in which variant I put on the table each time, and it turns out to have not been too bad.  For the main weapon the turret is two pieces basically and a pretty snug fit so no magnets were required to change between those.  For the sponson weapons there are two inner parts which are placed inside another pair of pieces to attach to the hull which again are snug enough to have not needed the magnets but the one place I did need them was for the two sponson weapons that shared a mounting.  To do this I put a single 6 x 2 mm magnet behind the face of the mounting then used paper clips to make pins that I replaced the nubs on the weapon front pieces and drilled corresponding holes in the sponson mounting so that the magnet held these pins to prevent the weapon front piece falling off in game.


For my Dark Angels I think that the Valiant will be my most deployed type to add some extra anti tank firepower as my list idea (back here) has a strong anti-infantry output.  I'm going with the Valiant over the Lancer as the shorter range isn't so much of a detriment but it has more shots compared to the Lancer which gets 2 shots with the main gun while the Valiant gets 4 with its Lastalon plus 2 from each Multimelta sponson.  I'm hoping to use it soon and might get to feedback on how I'm finding my Dark Angels soon, fingers crossed!

For my next Dark Angels painting project will probably be a unit of 5 Intercessors to get the core of the army closer to completion.  If you want to see regular updates on what I'm actually painting at the current time then you can check out and follow me on Instagram where I post pictures of my WIP models plus when I game and remember pictures from those too!  Hopefully I will see you again next month with some more Dark Angels, For the Lion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...