19 January 2021

Xenos on Crusade: Neil the Devourer; Hive Fleet Lindworm Finale

Hi all it's Neil here with another update for my Hive Fleet Lindworm for Xenos on Crusade.  This month's update will be the last for the Xenos on Crusade as with 2020 ended our group project has ended too.  I may revisit Lindworm in the future but for now I'll be moving onto other projects.  This month's edition to the swarm has been 8 genestealers, which are the last Tyranid models I had left in my backlog.


For these I went with the same style as the Broodlord so they're very green due to their lack of carapace but it helps than stand out from the rest of the units.  They do retain a small bit of orange on the carapace on their spine plus the purple for their weapons and teeth.



Due to COVID I haven't been able to game with my Hive Fleet for a while so don't know how these perform on the table top but they look like pretty fast units able to deal a decent amount of melee damage but they don't have the resilience to weather much in return and aren't cheap enough to hold objectives with bodies.  I'm not sure they'll make it into my preferred play-style lists because of this but that is a question for when gaming becomes possible again.

Over the course of the Xenos on Crusade group project I have painted up;
  • 1 Hive Tyrant with wings
  • 1 Tyranid Prime
  • 1 Neurothrope
  • 1 Broodlord
  • 24 Hormagaunts
  • 6 Tyranid Warriors
  • 3 Hive Guard
  • 5 Zoanthropes
  • 1 Maleceptor
  • 1 Toxicrene
  • 1 Tyrannofex
  • 1 Mawloc



This will give me a good base for playing games with the Tyranids especially when a new codex appears which might inspire me to grow the collection again as there are more big monsters to do!


I hope that you've enjoyed the Xenos on Crusade series and you can check out all the posts from both myself and my fellow warlords on this link.  There will be some more for Hive Fleet Lindworm sometime in the future but for now its on hold and there will be a new project for 2021 coming soon for Warhammer 40000.  If you want to see WIP pictures of what's currently on the painting table check out my Instagram.  Thanks for coming along with this journey and will see you again soon for more Warhammer 40k! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...