31 December 2020

A 2020 Retrospective - Neil's thoughts on 2020 and looking forward to 2021

Hi all it's Neil here with a quick look back at my 2020 hobby year.  I'm sure we can all agree that it has been a different year with the pandemic really limiting the gaming part of this hobby so for most of the year I've been limited to the building and painting aspects in general though my theory hammer has also been getting some work too.


My hobby projects this year have been the tyranids for our 9th edition xenos on crusade group project along with several personal projects with the Dark Angels for 40k with a splash of Age of Darkness in there too, the Royal Navy ships for the new Victory at Sea in the end of the year and some bits for Adeptus Titanicus and Team Yankee. 


I have also tried my hand at posts that are about more than just the painting with some looks at the new books for Team Yankee and a look at the quick start rules for Victory at Sea and some theory hammer on what the different ships are used for in game and hopefully in 2021 I can continue this process of doing a bit more on the more theoretical parts of the hobby with the new Soviet book for Team Yankee released recently and the full rules for Victory at Sea coming early in the year too.


I know that this year would have been much harder without my hobby, my friends ans my family to get through what has been an odd and at times lonely year.  Our group of warlords have been chatting regularly on discord, playing pc games and when the rules allowed getting in some outdoor tabletop socially distanced gaming too. 


For 2021 I am hoping to move my Dark Angels towards being ready to play both crusade and more tournament style games, keep up with new releases for the Royal Navy with Victory at Sea and start a new 40k army with the Adeptus Mechanicus for the major hobby projects, though there may be some other bits and pieces splashed in too.  


I hope that your 2020 has had some ups and that 2021 is better for all of us.  We all hope that you enjoy this sharing of our hobby, if you do have things you'd like to chat with us about feel free to post in the comments as it would be great to hear what you think and if there's anything you'd like to see more of.
Check out my Instagram to see my WIP pictures.  See you again soon and stay safe this coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...