24 November 2020

For The Lion: High Speed Combat

Hi all it's Neil here with a new post about my Dark Angels that I've been paining up.  Its been a little bit of a gap since the last one but with the new Indomitus box I've started to add new units to my Dark Angels and have started up doing a Crusade force with them too.  The first unit of new marines to be painted are the Outriders who are part of the 2nd Company, the Ravenwing.


The Outriders are a new primaris unit that ride bikes armed with twin bolt rifles giving them a bit more firepower than the firstborn bikers and a focus on melee with chainswords and loads of attacks on the charge.  They are a good anti light infantry unit and able to get where they're needed quick because of their speed.


Outriders being a part of the Ravenwing gives them access to some extra stratagems and maybe even the Jink rule when the Codex Supplement comes out in January but that will have to be seen then.


This unit will hopefully form the base of a nice Ravenwing contingent for my Dark Angels along with the Black Knights as it looks like there may be special Outrider Detachment for the Ravenwing (and Vanguard for the Deathwing as well).


Next up for the Dark Angels is the special Warhammer Day Chaplain in Terminator Armour to be painted up as an Interrogator-Chaplain to lead my Deathwing.  This is weird as the model itself is actually finished but I've been slow in updating my progress on this blog recently so this post has come after I've finished the next step in building up my Dark Angels.  If you want to see what I am currently painting check out my Instagram for WIP pictures.  If you've not seen the rest of my Dark Angels you can see the previous posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...