14 August 2020

Xenos on Crusade - Tim's Drukhari Month 2: Emboldened by Bloodshed

Hi all it's Tim here, with the next instalment in my Drukhari crusade.

Progress so far

After the massive burst of energy for the first month and a half, my sadistic space elves have had to retreat back to the shadows as a burst of enthusiasm for painting space marines took over with the launch of New 40k and Indomitus.

However, they are still on track, with the last remaining element of my starting force taking on the mantle of agony (/ base coats of paint) and needing tidy up and working to a proper finish. This month I:
  1. painted a few more kabalite warriors with splinter rifles to get 2 properly equipped squads
  2. basecoated my Wracks (converted from crypt ghouls with creepy harlequin masks to go with my converted Grotesques, and adding worrying  prosthetics)
  3. magnetised my 6 Talos and laid down the base coat on the first one to join my Crusade
  4. converted some Sslyth with a covens like flavour from spare parts lying around - these creepy bodyguards have been gifted to Archon Orfeon by his Coven allies, and
  5. painted up a fair bit of my Haemonculus, Kaizin; and
  6. finished off some pre-Crusade Drukhari painting, in the form of a Razorwing Jetfighter.
Here are the results - I don't have a lightbox for proper background, but I do have a book full of pictures of volcanoes: so that is what my Drukhari will have!



And some close up of the WIP plus the finished Razorwing - I was proud of the effect on the spirit stones on this one.






Next month

Next month is Covens month, as I finish off the Talos, 10 Wracks and Haemonculus. With these elements, my Drukhari Crusade would sit comfortably at 50PL... except that GW upped the PL on Ravagers and Drukhari infantry to match their weirdly large points hike, so my Crusade would sit at 54PL total. Oh dear!

Well, on the plus side I am now sitting comfortably close to my target, and can now have a Razorwing instead of the Ravager since it can be used in Wych Cults and costs the same PL which previously didn't fit into the 50PL ceiling. So my revised Crusade will drop 5 Kabalites and 5 Wracks, swap the Ravager for a Razorwing, and have 2 CP spare, possibly for comedy Court of the Archon units to join in.

I'll want to work out a bit more background for the army in the next month, possibly changing the Coven's name from the Unravelling to something more Harlequinesque as befitting the twisted use of Harlequin masks on Kaizin's creations.

In addition my enthusiasm has been stoked by Matt and Neil getting a game in for the first time since lockdown, and the prospect of socially distanced outdoor gaming among our group in the near future - emboldened by this bloodshed, I'm very much looking forward to my hobbying this month.

Till next time!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...