3 August 2020

Xenos on Crusade: Neil the Devourer; Hive Fleet Lindwyrm Month 2

Hi all it's Neil here with a look at my second month's progress on our 9th edition 40k group project.  This months aim was to get any outstanding models from the 50 power initial list built and to get at least 25 power painted ready for battle.  For me, I had ended month 1 with 22 power's worth of models painted up already though I was still 17 power down on having built my planned 50 power.  The only model I had left to paint at the beginning of the month was my Tyrannofex so this made its way from the spawning pools to the painting table.



This Tyrannofex, named "Hell's Annihilator", was painted up using the same method as I detailed in Month 1's post.  This model took to the contrast painting method very well and I am pleased with how the big bug has turned out.





The multiple recesses in the model took the contrast paint really well, giving it good depth of colour and the highlights really bring out the edges specifically on the carapace.  Gamewise it carries the heaviest weapon available to the Tyranids on what looks like a decently survivable frame, and it is a good target for some Adaptive Biology as well.  With the boost to monsters in the new40k 9th edition, being able to shoot in combat it becomes less of an issue if someone tries to tie the big bug down.

I also this month I acquired the last two models I needed to fill out my 50 power, a Maleceptor and a Toxicrene.  One or both of these will make up my painting for this next months Xenos on Crusade tale and with the release of 9th a week or so ago, at the time of writing, there might even be some gaming to kick of my hive fleets crusading.

So that's all for my update for month 2 and my current plans for month 3, come back in a month to see how the plans pan out.  If you want to see the WIP pictures of my Tyranids (and other projects) check out my Instagram where I post regular updates on my hobby time.  Thanks for reading and see you in a month for more Xenos on Crusade from me.  Also check out the other month 2 updates from my fellow Xeno warlords!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! It's amazing how nice they look with the contrast paints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and they take it so well even in these large models makes it easier to get an army done

      Delete

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...