1 May 2019

Mustering for Vigilus: Neil's Ultramarines; End of Month 4

April is over and another stage in our tale of four gamers Mustering for Viligus is over.  This month I'd planned to paint a single Ultramarine, but he is the primogenator of the Chapter and the Legion before it, the Primarch Roboute Guilliman and some members of the Adeptus Custodes to accompany the Imperial Regent, a trio of Allarus Terminators.

So this was my aim, how did I do with the painting?

First up is my Lord Commander Guilliman, who is a great focal point for the Ultramarines army (and pretty good in game too from what I've heard) who I think has come out pretty well


I painted Guilliman slightly differently from the rest of the Ultramarines as the large amount of gold on his armour lead me to painting the gold first then filling in the blue parts rather than zenith highlighting with the airbrush.  For the Emperor's sword I didn't go with the traditional yellow-orange blade that I'd seen around on the internet but rather painted it up as a sword then picked out the fire along the blade in the yellow, orange, red and black layers from this WarhammerTV video.

The Allarus Terminators were a nice change from the blue of the Ultramarines, but I painted them with enough shared colours so that they look like one complete army from two factions when together.



The gold on the armour is different from that used on the trim of the Ultramarines to keep them looking distinct and to be a brighter gold as its they're big classic colour.  I am happy with how they turned out and will be looking forward to doing some more Adeptus Custodes in the future.

I also managed to complete a squad of 3 inceptors with assault bolters in the last few days of the month as well as the planned units.


These models were really nice to paint as they're big open poses so the number of fiddly bits that needed painting was minimal which helped their speedy completion, I was aiming to get a head start on them for month 4 rather than get them completed this month.

Talking of month 4, my plans are going to be modest as I've got quite a few other things going on that may reduce my painting time so I'm planning on getting another 3 inceptors painted but this time they'll be plasma armed and if i get enough time I'll try to get 5 more intercessors painted too.

See you at the end of next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Guide: Neil's Alarith Stoneguard

 Hi all Neil here with a guide on how I painted up my Alarith Stoneguard for my growing Lumineth army.  This is more of a post for myself to...